Internal Complaints Committee (Female Cell) - ICC
As per the directives of the Government, an Internal Complaints Committee (ICC) is working towards providing a gender-equal society. The members of the Committee are:
- Nivedita Maitra - Presiding Officer
- P.P. Singh - Member
- Savita Gupta - Member
- Sandhya Patel - Member
- Meena Pimplapure - Member
- Anupama Pandit Saxena – Member
- Shri Satish Kuamr – Member
In order to create awareness and to ensure safety of the female students, female teachers and the working women of the University, posters have been fixed at different places in the University. The committee also provides counseling to create awareness among female students and working women of the University. Several awareness programmes are organized by the committee for spreading the message of women’s rights and issues within the ambit of sexual harassment. A one week programme on Gender Sensitization was organised in collaboration with HRDC Sagar from 8th March. Hon'ble Vice -Chancellor presided over the function.
REPORT ON GENDER CHAMPIONS PROGRAMME
HARISINGH GOUR UNIVERSITY, SAGAR, M.P
Activities Carried out for Gender Champions by the University
- Nodal Teachers for Gender Champions Appointed on 24.8.15.
Dr. Anupma Kaushik, Associate Professor, Dept. of Political Science & Public Administration, Dr. Harisingh Gour University, Sagar
- Notice dated- 26-08-2015 circulated for students to apply for selection as Gender Champions.
- Note sheet dated- 26-08-2015 sent to Vice Chancellor for approval of screening committee to select Gender Champions and approval of various activities as per direction from UGC. Approval received on 02-09-2015.
- Screening committee for selection of Gender Champions was held on 16th October 2015 and Twenty-five Gender Champions were selected. List of Gender Champions attached as enclosure no.1
- A Training Workshop for Gender Champions was held on 28-29 January 2016 in which 23 Gender Champions participated. The training for Gender Equality was given by two resource persons from an NGO named Action Aid India from Bhopal – Ms. Sarika and Ms. Anamika Roy. In the training program the resource persons discussed following issues and topics – What is Gender?; Difference Between Sex and Gender; Gender Roles; Gender and Division of Labor; Understanding Patriarchy; The origin of Patriarchy; Patriarchal system and control; Patriarchal Institutions; Feminity, Masculinity, Sexuality; What is Feminism?; Forms of Feminism; Violence against women; Legal provisions to address violence at public and private sphere- 1. Domestic Violence Act 2005, 2. Criminal Law Amendments Act 2013, 3. Protection of Women from Sexual Harassment at work Place Act 2013 and Detail Action Plan. Enclosure no 1
- A National Seminar on ‘Gender, Power, Patriarchy and Status of Women in India’ was organized on 25-02-2016 and 26-02-2016 in which many students including some Gender Champions participated.
- On 8th March 2016 on the occasion of International Women Day a Poster Competition was held on the theme of Gender Equality.
- On 8th March 2016 a Group Discussion was organized on the theme of Gender Equality.
- On 8th March 2016 a Documentary on Hindu Code Bill was screened for the students. The screening was followed by discussion on the theme of Reforms Pertaining to Gender Equality in Hindu Law.
- Screening of Nil Battey Sannata on the occasion of “World Science Day for Peace and Development”, on 10.11.2016.
- One Day training Programme on Human Rights sponsored by N.H.R.C. on 5.12.2016.
- Lecture by Prof. Asha Shukla, Head, Women Studies, Barkatullah University on Gender Sensitization on 7.2.2017.
- Lecture by Dr. Sangeeta Mukherjee, Head, Political Science, Arts & Commerce College, Sagar, on Women Empowerment on 2.2017.
- Screening of movie Pink on 6.3.17 on the occasion of International Women’s Day, followed by discussion.
- Lecture by Prof Sanjay Srivastav (BHU) on 30.8. 2017 on ‘Women and Peace’(2017-18).
- Lecture by Prof Chandrakala Padia (BHU) on 6.9. 2017 on ‘Feminist Challenges before Humanities and Social Sciences (2017-18).
- Screened ‘Toilet Ek Prem Katha’ on 29.9.17 under ‘Swachhta hi Sewa’ initiative of Govt of India and Gandhi Jayanti.
- Screened Padman on 9.3.18 under gender champion program on the occasion of International Women’s Day. On 28.9.18 Parakram Diwas celebrated in the Dept of Political Science and Public Administration by screening the movie- 'Parmanu- The Story of Pokharan 1998'.
- On 31.10.18 screened the movie- 'Razzi', story of a female spy of Indian in Pakistan. Screenings were followed by discussions.
- Lecture Competition under Gender Champion program as coordinator on ‘My contribution for Gender Equality’ on 15.1.19 in the Dept of Political Science and Public Administration. Notice no/R/170/Raj Vig/2018-19 dated 15.1.19.
- Debate Competition under Gender Champion program as coordinator on ‘Is it possible to bring about gender equality in India through law?’ on 18.1.19 in the Dept of Political Science and Public Administration. Notice no/R/169/Raj Vig/2018-19 dated 15.1.19.
- Screened ‘Miyan Kal Aana’ a short movie on Halala and Triple Talaq was screened on 4.2.19,
- Lecture by Prof Anupma Kaushik (DHSGVV) on Samudayik Pehchan ya Lengik Samanta: Muslim Mahilaon ki Duvidha on 1.2.2019 (2018-19
- Screened Manikarnika on 25.2.2020, story of Maharani Laxmi Bai of Jhansi.
Coordinator/ Nodal teacher: Prof Anupma Kaushik,
Head Dept of Political Science and Public Administration
Dr Harisigh Gour Vishvavidyalaya